I've been using my own home made laundry soap for a couple of months now, and I love it! It is SO much cheaper...like pennies on the dollar, it works just as well as the liquid tide I was buying, and you can use it in your H.E. washers! (Just keep in mind that if it is still under warranty that using home-made soap will void your warranty.)
3 Ingredients:
1 bar Fels Naptha
1 Cup Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Borax
In my grocery store (Walmart) they are all right next to each other in the laundry detergent isle.
I tripled the batch. Each batch should cost around $2 to make. So $6 for my tripled batch and it should last me close to a year. (Take that $18 bottle of Tide that only lasted me a month.)
1 bar Fels Naptha
1 Cup Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Borax
In my grocery store (Walmart) they are all right next to each other in the laundry detergent isle.
I tripled the batch. Each batch should cost around $2 to make. So $6 for my tripled batch and it should last me close to a year. (Take that $18 bottle of Tide that only lasted me a month.)
3 comments:
omg necha, you are my hero. i just became super allergic to my tide laundry detergent and i am far too cheap to find something new, so i was going to look for a homemade detergent that was HE friendly, i just happened to see your blog first. You are a lifesaver! thanks! :)
Necha this is awesome. I think you should share it on FFF. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.
Good idea Kami. I will share it on FFF next time I post. :)
And Ginanne-You'll love it! It cleans the clothes just as well as Tide does! Even our mud covered hunting clothes came out sparkling clean! And the lady I got the recipe from has kids with severe allergies to cleaners, and this detergent doesn't bother her kids at all! :)
Post a Comment