This year I decided to do a Polar Express Night with the girls. Beleive it or not, I had never read the book or seen the movie. But I found it on Netflix, and watched it, and thought it would be fun to plan our own little night of adventure.
First we watched the movie.
Then after dinner, I told the girls to get their pj's on, and to grab a blanket.
I had printed out tickets (You can find them all over on Pinterest.) And I had my little hole punch. I also remembered that we had a wooden train whistle, so I brought that along.
I prepared hot chocolate, and popcorn in bags that said "Polar Express Refreshments."
I punched their tickets before they got into the van. I didn't punch out a letter, but I did just make a bunch of random punches just to make them laugh. They thought it was funny. We had Christmas music playing. I hollared "All aboard!" and blew into the whistle.
They thought the whole thing was SO amazing, and magical, and funny. lol
Then after driving for about a block I turned around and said, "Would the passengers be requiring refreshments?" and they excitedly yelled "Yes!"
This picture shows the tickets better.
We drove around and looked at Chistmas Lights, and ate our "refreshments" and listened to Christmas music. At the end of the ride, I gave them each a bell, with a tag attached that said "The Bell still rings for those who truly believe." (Which you can also find tons of printables for on Pinterest.)
It was a fun night, and a much more exciting way to drive around and look at lights. I think it will become a regular Christmas Tradition!
1 comment:
How fun! We love the book and movie at our house too. You are a fun mom.
Post a Comment